Last night the Jungle Cruise skippers held a game night in the Golden Horseshoe restaraunt/stage in Frontierland. I'm pretty sure it was an attempt to build rapport within the group. It was fun. We brought food, played games, and had a costume contest. But it was especially fun because we got to be in the park after it closed and walk around without the music, atmosphere lights, etc. Very cool.
This morning I got to tour Walt Disney's apartment above the Fire Dept. on Main St. I've read about it before and always noticed the light burning in the window, but I never dreamt I'd be able to see it. I can't begin to explain how amazing it was to be in the same place where Walt Disney hosted parties with people like Annette Funicello and Richard Nixon. We even got to see the toaster he used to make grilled cheese sandwiches for his grandchildren!! We couldn't take pictures, but they took a group shot for us. I can't post it online, but I'll show you in person if you're ever interested. Very cool perks to this whole College Program gig. I'm feeling very blessed to have the opportunity.
Shout out to Carla and Iris for also letting me know they read my blog. Oh, and I'll give another one to Chris since he was so appreciative last time. :)
Coming soon: a backstage tour of the Haunted Mansion and Disney Bakery. Sooo stoked!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment