Thursday, October 29, 2009

Little Monsters

Disney VoluntEARS hosted the Little Monsters - an event for Cast Members and their families to come into the park in costumes and trick-or-treat and enjoy the rides. My roommate Iris and I signed up for 'Boo Crew' to help out and had a blast. We passed out wristbands and pillowcases for treats and then spent the rest of the night wandering around enjoying the fun costumes and short lines for all the rides. It was a blast! We even made the College Program weekly newsletter:



Work has been consuming lately. The Halloween season, with it's new Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday, and Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular, has brought the crowds. Between Jungle Cruise and parades (both of which I LOVE now that I've been accepted by the others) I have barely had time to stay in touch with family.

My sister-in-law sends me home videos of the nieces and nephews and even texts me pictures of them. It is the best surprise ever! :0) With the holidays coming closer, I'm starting to realize how hard it's will be to be away from my family for the holidays.

At the same time, it makes me so sad to see that the park is preparing for Christmas already because that means my College Program time is almost done and this chapter will be over.

I miss my family dearly! And ALL of the people back home. But I have also met some really amazing people here that will make it really hard to say goodbye.



Next week we have our 'What's Next?' meeting in class, and it has been weighing on my mind. I LOVE California and I could see myself staying here a little longer. But I have some pretty important commitments back home and I can't afford to live here once College Program is over because I'll lose my subsidized rent and full-time hours. I have to remember everything will work out for the best.

And I keep in mind a quote my mom told me a few years ago:
Don't miss the magic of the moment by focusing on what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment