I would have asked American Idol contestant Scott McIntyre to pass along my phone number to Adam Lambert when I saw him passing through my walkway during fireworks tonight.
I saw him coming, and recognized his curls from a mile away. I am positive that my jaw was hanging open because his mom was walking right behind him and chuckled when she saw my reaction.
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to do anything differently when we see a celebrity, so I could not ask for a picture or an autograph or anything. I wanted to shout out my appreciation for the great concert in Portland, but I could not.
And to think: this was probably the closest I will ever get to meeting Adam Lambert. And I blew it. Darn that stinking costume!
P.S. Iris, I know you are reading this right now - you should be sleeping instead! :0)
Shout out to Rhonda, who also let me know she reads my blog! Yay for readers! I feel more pressure to do exciting things so I have something to talk about now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good on you for keeping your composure. But what was the costume? Are you allowed to tell?
ReplyDeleteIt was a generic parades costume - awful pleated black pants, white collared shirt, fitted red vest, and a black tie. Oh, and at the time I saw him, I was wearing the black pea coat. I guess I could have ripped off my nametag and pretended to be a guest, but I don't think Disney would like that very much.
ReplyDeleteYou should have done it anyways. Or if I was there I could have passed him the note for you like I did to that guy I worked with on the boat while you were standing right there. :)
ReplyDelete