Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My oh my, what a wonderful day!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

So the last few days have been a BLAST!!!

Working the Jungle Cruise is starting to be really, really fun. Now that I know a lot of the people that work there, the time goes by much faster, and we have a lot more fun cracking corny jokes at each other. And it makes it a lot more fun to play in the park when I'm not working because I run into so many people I know!

A couple of nights ago, my amazing friend got us VIP seats for fireworks AND great seats for Fantasmic! as well. It was a late night, followed by an early morning, but it was totally worth it!

Yesterday, a friend from high school was in the park with his family, so I met up with them to play for a while. It was a fun little reunion! He's living in California now, too. He works at the San Diego Zoo - another stop on my to-do list while living in California.

After my friend left, I met up with a couple of other College Program kids to use the VIP seats that were saved for my friend and his family. Since they left early, we had to fill the seats somehow...darn. It was pretty tense, though. It was raining and windy, so they were considering cancelling the fireworks. Luckily, my friend did the no-rain dance and made everything ok.





After the fireworks, the Jungle Cruise skippers set up a walk-through of Splash Mountain for us after the park closed. So a big group of us headed over to see what it's like behind the scenes. I have to admit, it was a little creepy walking through the ride with the characters still moving, but no sound coming out. It was cool to see how it operates and all of the other fun secrets. It was also a lot of fun to hang out with the Jungle kids again outside of the Jungle. They are a CRAZY group of people, and I absolutely LOVE it!



The only down side was that I had to get up early for class this morning. But we met the Vice President of Special Events and he opened my eyes to a whole new world of possibilities. A very cool class this morning - lots of food for thought.

And it's been raining the last two days, so I finally got a chance to use my windshield wipers since moving down. People don't know how to drive in the rain down here. Very annoying.

Injury update: I smashed my finger in the wheel chair lift on the boat the other day. Even though my friend kissed it to make it better, the tip of my finger is still black, super gross, and painful. I hope it doesn't fall off. :/

Off to the Jungle for my first shift in the rain. I wonder if people will still ride if it's raining outside, or if this is going to be a slow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment