After tutoring, I headed over to Coffee Mom's house with a batch of melted chocolate chip cookies (squishy after sitting in my hot car while I tutored) for some much needed social time with the girls and as always, the chance to spend time with some great kiddos that will be missed while I'm in California.
Shallow Coffee and her adorable boys - one of which being my former kindergartner - showed up soon after. And she had made me the CUTEST skirt EVER for California. It was quite possibly one of the sweetest gifts I've ever received! How many people can say someone has made a skirt for them?
I know it's for California, but I fully intend to wear it to class tomorrow. :0)
I would have visited with the girls all day, but I had to finish up some homework. When I arrived home, however, I was surprised to see an envelope waiting on the counter for me. I was slightly nervous - I honestly had NO idea what it could be. To my delight, it was a letter informing me of a scholarship I had been awarded to help pay for Grad School!! I'd applied for the scholarship months ago and assumed nothing was going to happen since I had not heard anything.
This means I can continue to work for my Master's even if HSD won't rehire me and reimburse my tuition. I've been worrying about how I'd pay for grad school now after HSD let me go and I no longer have any assistance. With the scholarship, I can take classes (well, it will realistically only pay for PART of a class) when I return from California in January. Whew! What a relief!
And even though I still haven't finished my homework, I am listening to 'That's Not My Name' by the Ting Tings and loving life.
Coffee date, skirt, scholarship, good music. What else could a girl need?

So glad you like the skirt!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome about grad school! Where are you taking classes?
ReplyDeletePS: You look super adorable in that skirt!