Ok, just to clear everything up, I thought it might be helpful to explain my upcoming adventures.
I was let go from the Hillsboro School District when the budget deficit hit, so I was left high and dry to find another source of income/benefits.
On a whim during the school year, I applied for the Disney College Program as a back-up. I got in.
It is no longer a back-up plan - it's The Plan.
Here is what I know so far:
~ I will be living in Disney apartments in Anaheim, CA (it sounds like Disney just rented a bunch of apartments in a complex and subsidized them for College Program Cast Members)
~ I will have four other female roommates over the age of 21.
~ I will be working 32 hours a week, and taking classes from Disney for the remaining 8 hours. The classes can be anything of my choosing - Disney offers classes in Leadership, Business Management, Marketing Yourself, and a few others. I don't know what I'll be doing yet. Probably whatever has the least amount of homework and is most applicable to teaching since the classes won't actually count toward my Master's.
~ All I know right now is that I'm working in Attractions. I don't know which ride I'm doing yet, therefore I don't know what awesome costume I get to wear. I'll let you know as soon as I do.
~ Yes, I still have friends that work at Disneyland - a childhood friend from our small hometown will be there, as well as another close friend I met during one of our many Disney adventures. Not to mention several other people who I occasionally keep in touch with on facebook, if that counts.
~ I will be gone from August 14th until January 2nd. (Yes, I will be working for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. But that's ok - my brothers all have their own children now, so holidays at my house are awkward for me anyways.)
~ Fun fact: I'll be at Disney for the Mousecars (Disney's version of the Oscars, but for different attractions) So we get to dress up/win awards/have a fancy dinner/yadda yadda.
~ I'll also be there for the Cast Christmas Party - they shut down the park just for us. It's going to be epic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment