As I sit here eating chocolate covered macadamia nuts from Hawaii (special thanks to Will for refilling my supply) and listening to a new cd (also thanks to Will for keeping me entertained), I can't help but feel happy.
I had a sudden realization today about how much I love my mom. (I mean, I already knew I loved her - I just began to appreciate more about her.) She is the only person on the entire planet who notices when I get cut off in the middle of telling one of my long-winded stories and then asks me to continue where I left off. It's such a small gesture, but it means the world to me. One of my least favorite feelings in the world is being ignored and she never makes me feel that way.
I also appreciated the way she let me throw a party with my college friends at my house yesterday. Never once did she complain that it lasted 11 hours - and she even found other places to be all day long so we were able to 'speak freely.'
Today is my parent's 41st wedding anniversary. Kudos to them! My mom always seems shocked when she says she's been 'married to the SAME man for 41 years...' It's cute. My dad introduces her as his 'first wife' - which embarrasses her to no end. They're perfect for each other.
Many of my friends have been getting married/engaged/serious with a significant other recently and it's got me thinking. I have not seen too many successful marriages in my life, so it's refreshing to see some genuinely happy couples. (I even got to hear Shallow Coffee and Coffee Mom dish about their hubbies as well.)
I'm in no hurry at all - I don't have time for someone at the moment. I've just started to think about the things that I would value in a relationship. I've also been watching some great youtube videos about proposals and wedding entrances. Great stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment