Tonight I had a moment when I realized why it's so great to be an adult. Let me set the scene:
I'm at my nephew's fifth birthday party along with the rest of my huge family. We had planned to have it outside, but the dark clouds and wind forced us to move the party inside. With so many people in a cramped space, it's usually best to have some sort of activity going on. Tonight it was Rock Band for Wii, complete with four parts: guitar, bass, drums, and voice.
At one point, I glanced away from the screen long enough to realize that all of the adults were on the instruments and all of the kids were standing to the side, begging for a turn and requesting songs. What did their parents do? Tell them no.
Haha...it made me laugh. I can clearly remember being at similar parties when I was younger and wanting to do whatever the activity was. I also remember the adults telling me no and thinking to myself that I couldn't wait until I was a grown-up so I could play whatever games I wanted.
The day has finally come.
...Ok, so we let the kids play eventually. But not until we successfully played two songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment