to use my sign language.
Yesterday was my Grandma's 88th birthday party, and we had a BBQ to celebrate with her.
Our family is pretty big, so there were several folding banquet tables set up around my uncle's farm. Naturally, the tables were sort of divided up into generations: immediate children at one table, grandchildren at another, and great-grandchildren at yet another. (Like I said, there are A LOT of us.)
My sister-in-law ended up sitting across the barn from me and was trying to get my attention. She signed a question to me and I answered in sign without really thinking. Then I realized how much fun it was, so we continued to chat about nothing too important for a few more minutes.
Eventually, I realized my cousins were looking at me like I had something in my teeth and dying to know what I was saying.
Haha. Too bad I couldn't tell them what we were REALLY saying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment