Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oh, the things we do...

I just got off the phone...well, two phones...with Roe on one ear and my sister-in-law on the other ear. Let me explain:

My nephew got a hand-me-down red M&M t-shirt from his cousins, whose other grandparents went to M&M World in Las Vegas. He absolutely LOVES it, and wears it all the time. The problem is, he is four years old and grows like a weed. So it doesn't fit very well anymore.

When Roe left for Vegas to do her student teaching, I asked her to keep an eye out for me if she ever went to M&M World while she was on the strip.

Hence the phone call. Roe is amazing - going up and down the four stories of M&M World, avoiding the piped-through chocolate smell to hunt for the right size. Somewhere between 5/6T and Kid's sizes, she went back and forth to two different stories for me - all the while I'm on the other phone with the sis-in-law trying to settle on size/color/sleeve length/etc.

Short story long - Roe is amazing. She spent like an hour of her vacation looking for the right shirt for my nephew and his obsession with an M&M shirt. Roe - we owe you big time!

And now for something completely different.
My summer camp is almost full! Only one spot left. And I just finished up the last of the things I had to get ready before the kiddos show up tomorrow. I'm excited!

Off to have dinner with the family. Wanna bet my nephew will be sporting his itsy bitsy teeny weeny red M&M shirt? Don't. I'll win.

Btw - Roe just sent me a picture text from Coca-Cola World of an absolutely adorable Cherry Coke purse! Ahhhh!!!! I want to go to Vegas SO bad!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just hope he likes it. Mom is bring it home and she will be home tomorrow. You are so sweet and i would do anything for you. Love ya tons

    ReplyDelete