Today was the last day with my kindergarten kiddos. While I am relieved that no one can call me a 'new teacher' anymore, (even though they probably will anyways) I am a little sad the year is over. Especially since I won't be working in the building to see the kids around school next year.
But several of my parents said the nicest things to me at the 'Celebration of Learning' *cough*Graduation*cough* and I got some really sweet cards from the families I worked with. Sometimes people say it just to be polite, but I really am going to miss them!
One of my teaching partners this year was a lady who is like a second mom to me. In high school, I spent more time at her house than my own (spending endless hours with her son, who I went to high school with.) She was so wonderful to me - I was spoiled this year! I shared my 1/2 day kindergarten classroom with another amazing woman who is the best listener in the entire world - and even though we were so far apart in age - we really understood each other. It was a great team! I feel bad for the new lady coming in who has never taught kindergarten before. I know Shelly will take good care of her, but it's kinda nice to share your room with someone who knows what's going on, too.
And who knows what the future will hold for me. The more I think about Disneyland, the more I wonder if my heart's really in it. Oy - too much to think about...
For now, I have to worry about getting moved out of my classroom and cleaning it top to bottom.
Then next week, I'm directing a summer camp at church - and I've just barely started working on it! At least I have something to take my mind off of school.
And there is a potential coffee date with Shallow Coffee and Coffee Mom, who have now named me 'Coffee Young'un' rather than just 'Young'un' :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment