Today was filled with lots of love! Coffee Mom came in with her twins (the girl twin being my former student)to help in the room and give us more time together. :) Thank goodness she was there - the kids actually helped A LOT, and it made it so much better to have other people around while packing up and doing lots of boring things.
Then, when I went out to wave in the traditional Waving Line as the busses left (today was the last day of school for everyone else, even though Kindergarten was done yesterday) I saw Shallow Coffee and waved!
My email has been flooded with so many sweet emails about parents of students who want to come back and visit me one more time before summer really takes off. I have received some very heartfelt emails from other teachers. Oh, and the teachers were provided with lunch today, at which the principal presented me with a plant and card that simply read 'Ladd Acres Staff' - no personal signatures or messages. Thank goodness for those teachers who gave hugs or started crying whenever they saw me. And my 'wifey' (because I didn't have any significant other to bring to a dinner at the principal's house she told me she'd be my s.o.) promised drinks in the near future. So I can't complain. :)
Tomorrow I have to turn in my key and say goodbye to Ladd Acres for the last time as a staff member. (Come to think of it, I should probably return all my clothing that says 'Ladd Acres Staff'...) But before that - the other kinder teachers and I will go to breakfast together for one last hurrah. I'm sure there will be plenty of tears and sentimental gifts traded.
And now for something completely different: I have only four spots left in my summer program! I'm so excited it's doing so well! I hope I can pull everything together by next week. I will have no life this weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I loved seeing you yesterday! Michael was in the back seat freaking out! He is so excited for our first coffee get together that he can hardly stand it.
ReplyDeleteOh, and not to make you cry or anything, but when I say you are the best, I am including all of Rowan's former teachers. Don't cry! Seriously, don't do it.
Aw, yay! I saw his little arm waving like crazy through the tinted windows! I am so excited I can hardly stand it, too.
ReplyDeleteReally? Like I'm not going to cry after you tell me something like that?! You should know me better... :)