Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow in Palm Springs?! Who knew...

Yesterday Andrew and Randall took me to Palm Springs to ride the World's Largest Aerial Tramway. They have made it their personal mission to be my Southern California tour guides while I'm here, and this was one of the stops on the list.

Here was the best part: I'm scared of heights. But it turned out just fine - they both held my hand and took pictures of what was going on so I wouldn't have to look out for myself. :0)

Once we got to the top of the mountain, there was a few feet of fresh snow to play in - nothing I would have expected after the hour and a half drive through seeming desert to get to our destination.

Being the true Oregonian that I am, I helped the boys build their first snowman and encouraged what was soon to be a raging snowball fight between the three of us. It was weird, though. We got so warm from all the playing that we started peeling off layers of our snow gear - not something that would happen in Oregon.

Even though I don't know that I'd want to take that tram ever again, I still had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment