I just got signed off at the Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye attraction at Disneyland! I'm the newest archaeologist at the dig.
After five intensive days of training and a Performance Assessment that took a couple of hours (as a result of the ride continuing to break down and being tested as to how to handle it) it was official.
This is great not only because it means I'll have fewer Jungle shifts (I was getting pretty burned out of those jokes), but I'll be able to pick up more shifts and get more hours!!
The people are GREAT! Everyone is so friendly and I already know a lot of the cast members from Jungle and parades.
And as a reward for all of our hard work, our trainer Nick (who is an absolutely AMAZING trainer) let us do show checks each day. A show check basically means I get to go on the ride in my costume and look for anything out of the ordinary. We also did a running repair in which we got to tag out and see certain parts of the attraction while the ride was in motion. It was pretty awesome. You don't get to do stuff like that at Jungle.
I'm pretty excited to start the new role. It's going to be a little scary at first until I get used to it, but it's a great group of people and I think it will be just fine. Indy was the attraction I wanted all along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment