Here are some things that I will not take for granted any more:
~ A mattress - I finally gave in and bought one today at Ikea. I was just going to get the foam mattress to put on top of my air mattress, but for a little more, I could get the spring mattress and save my already bad back. And of course it's Ikea, so the mattress was neatly rolled into a compact tube which made it easy to bring home. And Randall was nice enough to meet us at Ikea on his lunch break so we could put some of the bigger things in his truck.
~ A vaccuum - my roommate KB bought one for us and I got WAY too much pleasure out of vaccuuming our apartment today for the first time since we moved in on New Year's night.
~ A trash can in the bathroom - we have been using brown paper bags as a trash can up until today.
~ Dishwasher soap - so we don't have to handwash our dishes any more. The dishwasher is running as I type, and I am enjoying listening to the sounds it makes as it cleans our dishes hands-free.
~ A coffee table - so we don't have to lay on the dirty carpet to play Bananagrams anymore. We were so excited to have it that Iris and I made a special dinner to eat at the coffee table while enjoying the newest episode of Ghost Adventures.
~ The DisneyWorld shirt that Randall brought back for me - I know he picked it out just for me because it's purple. :) It reminds me that he must have missed me while he was gone for those two weeks.
~ Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream to top off an already wonderful day.
Still searching for: a table, chairs, and a couch - not too bad!
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go test my wonderful mattress and hopefully get what will be the first full night's sleep I've had since moving. sigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE bananagrams!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, we feel so totally caught up and so neat that you are staying longer. It seems right. I just love reading your blog & feel like I'm there at the Big D. Your birthday sounded marvelous...I remember where you were for your last birthday too :). Take care...we're hoping to make it to Disneyland at some point over spring break & to visit Rich's Mom in San Diego. We're pumped. And I'm so pumped you'll STILL be there so we can visit you! Have a great week. Love, the Burks
ReplyDelete