Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vegas with the girls

My roommates and I went to Vegas for two nights and three days. We left Wednesday morning after class and drove the four hours to the Luxor Hotel (the big black pyramid).



Iris and I got tickets to see the illusionist Criss Angel perform with Cirque Du Soleil. It was a lot different than I expected. A lot less magic than I was hoping for, and a lot more dancing and artsy elements. It was still great to be able to say I saw both a magician AND a Cirque Du Soleil show while I was in Vegas.



Later that evening, we drove by the Bellagio to see the Veteran's Day tribute water works and we went to the Palms. We also visited the Venetian before heading home for the evening.



Yesterday we slept in. :) Our roommate KB went indoor skydiving while we stood by giving moral support. (Iris and I already spent our money on the Criss Angel tickets). We also wanted to check out Circus Circus and the midway games. We won some stuffed prizes, and took off for M&M World, where I mixed my own colors of M&Ms. After our afternoon of exploring the strip, we went back to get changed for The Lion King musical. It was uh-mazing. Something I will remember for the rest of my life. I can't even put into words how breathtaking the show was. I was amazed. SOOO glad we went when we had a Disney discount!


This morning we wanted to stop at a place my friend told me about: Dick's Last Resort. It's a restaraunt where they purposely treat you like crap. It's so entertaining. They give horrible service and make you wear silly hats and shout across the room. SOOO funny - a perfect place to end our trip. I can't wait to go to another one!



During our drive back, we decided to stop at Buffalo Bill's in Primm. We went on the log ride, got totally soaked, and decided to continue on our way home.



It was a quick and fun trip, but we were all happy to be back. Iris and I even went to Disneyland tonight to participate in the first official day of the Holiday Season at Disney. We had VIP seats for fireworks - amazing three days off work!

No comments:

Post a Comment