I have been in such a funk since I've been home. Nothing seems to cheer me up - except an occasional phone call from a California friend.
I'm not too sure what the remedy will be, but I know I need to figure something out.
In the mean time, I'd like to name some of the things that I miss dearly:
~ Spontaneous adventures
~ Chick-Fil-A
~ Face high fives
~ Sharing Skittles with my work BF
~ Del Taco after work for the caramel cheesecake bites
~ Palm trees
~ Sunny weather
~ Not having to deal with allergies
~ A lack of rain most of the time
~ Pizookies
~ Good music on the radio
~ Yogurtland
~ Bonfires
~ Late night dinner runs
~ Ghost Adventures
~ Bananagrams
~ Softball games
~ Searching for sequins after the parade
~ Jungle Tag
~ Leaving donations to Buddha in the Temple (of the Forbidden Eye)
~ Fighting for a kick-butt flashlight when it gets dark enough for one
~ Safaris
~ Pumping my own gas
~ An excuse to wear a ridiculous costume in public without people even looking twice
~ Insane amounts of inside jokes
~ Using military time and acronyms in everyday speech
~ Bartering for hours/shifts I want
~ Calling scheduling to the point where I annoy them so much they ask me not to call anymore
~ Hearing the fireworks at night - even if I am at home
~ Not having to drive 15 minutes to get to the nearest store/restaraunt
~ Getting really excited for Friday because it means the new schedule came out
~ Having to leave an hour early for work, because chances are, I'll want to visit with all of my friends on the way in to work
~ Not being able to find a parking spot in K-Lot, so I have to follow the shuttle and stalk whoever gets off of it until they get in their car and drive away
~ Sweet benefits and discounts that go with working for Disney (previews of new shows, getting in the park whenever I want, discounts at random businesses in the area)
~ Being around people my age - who are not married and have no children
~ Hugs
The list keeps growing in my mind, but I have to go and get ready for some babysitting to fill my unemployed life. At least it will be a welcome distraction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment