Yesterday I was working on parades for Disney. As I was getting ready to put up the rope to stop traffic for the parade to come through, I started feeling really dizzy. I was talking to my friend Andrew and mentioned that I felt like I was going to pass out. My knees were wobbling and i thought I needed to sit down.
A few seconds later, a guest came up to me and asked if I felt the earthquake too. I thought he was crazy for a second, then realized it was entirely possible. That same time, my lead got a call over the radio.
Sure enough, we had just experienced an earthquake. When Disneyland experiences an earthquake, they have to shut down all of the rides and check them for safety before reopening them. So of course, we were swamped with outbound traffic while the parade was going on. (The dancers still didn't know what had happened since they couldn't feel the shaking while they were performing.) There was so much traffic headed out of the park that the sidewalks and store walkways were gridlocked and we had to cut the stilt-walkers and bicycles since we couldn't get them onstage.
The park was pretty empty for the rest of the night. People didn't realize how quickly we get the rides back open and they left for the day. It was a pretty easy night.
On another note, the traditional Easter was a little different this year. There was no Easter brunch with the family. Instead, I sat at the local Starbucks and my family passed the phone around the breakfast table. My Easter dinner usually consists of some homemade comfort food. My dinner last night was nachos from the cafeteria at work. Magical. :0)
I missed my family quite a bit yesterday, but my Disney family did their best to make it a good Easter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment