Yesterday was one of my favorite days since being here.
I carpooled to work with two other College Program Jungle Cruise skippers (who are awesome people) and actually had a blast at work. Turns out working Jungle Cruise can be fun when you have other normal people around. Too bad that doesn't happen very often.
After work, we headed backstage to get in line for the Cast Preview of the new Halloween version of Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. Then we went again. And again three more times. It was uh-mazing! The revamped Space Mountain to look like it was haunted by a disgusting red/veiny ghost that follows you throughout the ride. It's definitely not very kid-friendly anymore, so the height limit is probably a good thing. Even though I rode it five times, I was still pretty freaked out by the severed hands that popped out and the eyeballs that followed me through the roller coaster in the dark.
Eventually, it was time to get out of line and head over to Disney Choir auditions. We stood in line for about an hour and had to make small-talk with some pretty awkward people. One guy recognized our Jungle skip costumes and wanted to share with us the entire history of his time in the Jungle. Ugh. Auditions lasted about 30 seconds and consisted of me singing about 8 scales and then singing back 4 or 5 intervals. If I don't get a phone call, that means I made it. So I'm just not going to answer my phone.
After auditions, we ran to Taco Bell to change out of our costumes and grab dinner, then it was back to the park. We entered through backstage and waited until all of the guests were cleared out. Then the cast members took over Main Street for a preview of the first-ever Halloween Fireworks at Disneyland. I honestly have to say I loved it even more than the other shows I've seen/worked. I hope I get tons of firework guest control shifts because the music is phenomenal. And since it was just a preview, they didn't do everything they were planning to do. So it's only going to get better. I can't wait!!
Sitting there on Main Street last night after the park was closed and amid a hundred other cast members, I had my own little magical moment. Never again in my life will I be able to experience something like that. I felt so lucky all day being part of such a big thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment