Yes, I went. D23 Expo. The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience.
Here's the thing: I think I'm more of a DisneyLAND fan than Disney. I don't know enough about the movies and the characters and the people who create them to understand the true awesome-ness that was D23. (Stands for Disney Studios - created in 1923.)
It was worth going, though - Cast Members only had to pay $5 to get in - and I figured out a way to get free parking. :)
I saw Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow costume, the prom costumes from High School Musical 3 (yes, I was actually very excited about this!), Herbie the Love Bug, and the dresses from Princess Diaries.
They also had some really cool giveaways and exhibits. Surprise, surprise - I spent some time at the scrapbooking exhibit and made a Pluto memory book. I also planted some seeds for schools in the area and earned some VoluntEARS Mickey ears. Oh, and I got to take my picture and have it superimposed to look like I was sitting with the DisneyChannel stars. Not sure what they were advertising, but it was cool - and free. :)
They had some really great guest speakers coming in as well, but that required waiting in line for hours, and since I had to work I didn't get a chance to hear them.
I enjoyed myself, but it would have been better if I had gotten to see Johnny Depp dressed as Captain Jack like he was the day before. He was there on Friday to announce the new Pirates movie. No one knew he was coming. Ugh. I would have died!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment