Monday, October 11, 2010

It's a Small World After All...

(Ha! Now that song will be stuck in your head for a good 20 minutes. You're welcome. :0)

First thing's first: Shallow Coffee and Coffee Mom have suggested I take a few pictures off my blog and allow comments from everyone and anyone. So, done.

And now for something completely different:
Yesterday was my first band concert since being back in Oregon. (Although they have since changed it to call it 'Wind Symphony' instead of band to avoid any 60s connotations.) The director had contacted me when he found out I was back to ask if I would help out in the saxophone section. He only had three players. I digress. After the concert, a couple came up to me and the man exclaimed 'You look a lot different in this outfit than you did in that Jungle Cruise costume!' It took me a while to remember who they were, but I eventually recognized them as the parents of a classmate that I ran into while I was working at Disney. Apparently they had taken one of my cruises. It was pretty nice to be recognized out of costume/out of state. I felt bad for not really remembering them! :0(

And today I was substituting when I heard a child's voice scream 'Hi Alley!!' I was confused because I am only supposed to answer to 'Miss V.' I turned to find the little girl of the woman I blogged about before. (The one who recognized me a few months ago as her skipper when I had no idea who she was.) I live in a small town and I've seen the family a few times since the initial meeting with the mother, so I know who they are now. And now I ran into the girl at her school.

Haha...gotta love small towns.

While it's nice being home and seeing old friends and hearing all of their 'I miss you' and 'So glad you're back' comments, I still truly do miss my Disney family. It's a hard void to fill.

1 comment: